- Apply the Arhuaco Community tradition of dedicating 70 % of the territory for preservation and 30 % for use.
- Work on conserving critical ecosystems such as the tropical dry forest (one of the most threatened ecosystems in Colombia and of which only eight percent remains).
- Strengthen the protection of more than 51 endemic species that live in the Sierra and are in danger of extinction due to the destruction of the forest at the foothills of the Sierra.
- Prevent gold exploitation in this zone and other surrounding areas.
- Rescue this area from the pressure to grab land, illicit crops, livestock, and other problems with a negative impact on the area.